Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Navy Utility Uniforms

by bryan27 Posted 20th May 2005 at 4:39 AM

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 20th May 2005 at 6:45 AM
I've been waiting for Navy uniforms!

Thank you so much for making these!
Are you able to make Dress Whites and Blues.....E6?

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th May 2005 at 12:15 PM
this rocks. my hubby is in the navy. you were dead on,
Field Researcher
#4 Old 20th May 2005 at 1:55 PM
great navy uniforms!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd May 2005 at 8:21 AM
Great job!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd May 2005 at 4:26 PM
Thanks everyone. I downloaded the Navy uniform regs from the gov. While I am working on a uniform I also have the image from the regs on the screen.

Vampy, I hope to get at least one full dress uniform completed. It will take much longer than anticipated since the sims only have single breasted suits and the dress uniform is a double breasted suit. I have to make some major mods to get it right.

Currently I have started preliminary work on the khaki tropicals. I experimented with the summer whites, but all white is too bright for the game and abandonded the project since lowering the brighness made it look dingy and grey.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 8:20 AM
do u think you could also do other branches as well......ex. Marine? or Army?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 6:52 AM
When I find the time. I've been a bit busy and haven't had time to make anything new for awhile
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:22 AM
Thank you for the hard work you must have put into your uniform making.

If you have time and want to be true to Navy uniforms. This might help
ervice Khaki

Navy Chiefs wearing Service Khakis.The service khaki uniform is the sole province of Officers and Chief Petty Officers; because of this, it is common to see references to "khaki leadership" in documents.[citation needed] It is a khaki short-sleeve button-up shirt and trousers, worn with a gold belt buckle. There are two different materials for this uniform; the poly/wool blend (similar to the Winter Blue uniform), and Certified Navy Twill (100% polyester, not authorized for shipboard use due to low fire resistance). Ribbons are worn above the left pocket of the shirt, with the warfare insignia above them. A nametag may be worn above the right pocket, and rank insignia is worn on the collar. The regulations for ribbons state the highest three, or all ribbons can be worn at once. There are actually three kinds of headgear authorized. Frequently, a khaki garrison cap or command ball cap is worn, but a khaki combination cover is authorized. [1]

The authorized shoes are black or brown oxfords, but traditionally, brown shoes are only worn by aviation connected officers and Chief Petty Officers. [2] The black shoes are worn with black socks, and the brown with khaki socks. In any case, the shirt, which has a pointed collar and two front button-flap pockets, is tucked in. An optional black V-neck pullover sweater can be worn with this uniform, in such case, the collar rank insignia is retained and soft boards are worn on the sweater's shoulder epaulets, as well as a Velcro nametag that states name and rank and displays warfare insignia on the left breast. (Note: There are two types of black V-neck sweaters: One made of 100% Wool and one made of a combination of synthetic materials. Only the wool sweater is approved for shipboard wear.)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 1:43 AM
Very nice.