Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fake Elevator Set 2 - Stainless steel

by Moon_Ez Posted 28th May 2005 at 10:53 PM - Updated 28th May 2005 at 11:47 PM by Moon_Ez

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 28th May 2005 at 11:18 PM
I was just thinking I would build an elevator, and here I found this doors! wow.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th May 2005 at 11:20 PM
Yay! Thanks! Now I can make that evil elevator of DOOM! Mwahahahaha!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th May 2005 at 11:38 PM
I tried the doors looks good works good now will try the rest
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th May 2005 at 11:55 PM
its pretty cool!!
#6 Old 29th May 2005 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moon_Ez
As requested I made a modern/industrial elevator set in stainless steel/glass.

1. The doors are recoulour of the Sliding Door.
-> Door 1, 2, 3 are made with stainless steel and glass in "the glass part", but without a door frame.
-> Door 4 are made with glass only in the glass part", but without a door frame.
-> Door 5 are made with steel only in "the glass part" and with a door frame. This also in stainless steel.
It also has a 2 button call panel for the elevator plased on the wood frame of the door.

Se pic for more detailes.

2. There are 3 steel floors. Se pic for more detailes.

3. 2 different walls. Both made only in stailness steel.
-> Wall option 1 - Stainless steel from floor to celing.
-> Wall option 2 - Stainless steel from floor to celing and an in elevator control panel. Buttons for 3 floors, opening and closing + an alarm button

I didnt make a wall paper with call buttons for the hall (outside the elevator) since they allready are on the door frame.

So. let me know what you think of them.

My Fake Elevator set 1 in Dark Teak can be found here

I think the "fake" elevator is so cool and matches great with my walls.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 29th May 2005 at 5:57 AM
wonderful, thanks for sharing
Banned
#8 Old 29th May 2005 at 8:19 AM
it is real like
but still not functional
anyway to make it functional using hack ro stuff
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th May 2005 at 10:50 AM
Wow i had requested a modern version .. if this was made as per my request im very flattered .... these are absolutely wonderful .... thank you so much for a great idea in the first place and such a modern fashionable look on these ... ...
Scholar
#10 Old 29th May 2005 at 2:32 PM
great idea! thanks!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 31st May 2005 at 6:13 AM
cool idea! I love stainless steel anything!! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2005 at 5:27 AM
Looks great, TYVM for sharing it with us.
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 3:22 PM
Superb!!

Now where do i find the original sliding door?

Mike xx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikeward1701
Superb!!

Now where do i find the original sliding door?

Mike xx

You should find it under Doors
#15 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 11:47 AM
HA! thanks to you, my friend, I will be the most POWERFUL HUMAN IN THE UNIVERSE when i use this in conjunction with a teleporting hack! oh, damn, i just told you my evil plans! Mummys gonna be sooo angry! you can keep a secret, can't you? I hope so...
Scholar
#16 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 9:58 PM
I've been searching the net for something like these doors, thank you! Now I can build my stealth stairway.
xo
Instructor
#17 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 7:57 PM
Yay! :gidea: I realley needed these!
Now can you make mirrored sliding doors? PLEASE! :bow:
Field Researcher
#18 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 8:50 AM
Now you wouldn't happen to have a tutorial on how to make these would you?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2005 at 10:19 PM Last edited by Simsane : 8th Sep 2005 at 6:38 AM. Reason: Link no longer works.
Sorry everyone, I just found out (9/7/05) that this link no longer works and I can't find another link to get me to the site. So, I guess this is no longer available. Too bad, as it does work for me with the ep as well as without. Maybe there was too much traffic and the site admin had to close it down. Don't know for sure.

Oh perfect! Thank you so much for making these. You see, I downloaded a working elevator and the tutorial that came with it on how to "build" the elevator shaft, but until now I did not have any "real" looking floors, walls or doors.

btw - the elevator really does work. The sim gets in on first floor then almost instantly steps out on second floor. It's not stealth stairs either.

Here is a link to where I got it incase anyone else wants one:

http://www.shaklin.page.cx/

It worked when I only had the original game. I now have Uni, but have yet to install and try it with the ep. Will try to remember to post again after I have had a chance to find out if it still works. I sure hope so!
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 7:39 PM
Do they work as a real elevator?
Field Researcher
#21 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 10:41 PM
Wow, these will do very nicely in a sim hospital or something! Great job! Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 6:01 AM Last edited by Simsane : 8th Sep 2005 at 6:41 AM. Reason: The link no longer works.
The link to the elevator doesn't work anymore. Don't know why. Sorry about it. If the moderator wants I will delete my message. Just let me know (or you can delete it yourself if that's less trouble for you. :-))

Hi everyone! I installed the elevator from Shaklin page (link in post 19) into my game with Uni. It works! There are no stairs whatsoever so I don't think it's stealth stairs although I have never read the tutorial on stealthstairs so maybe. But no stairs that you can see anyway. But you need to download Moon_Ez's floors, wall, doors for the elevator to really look like an elevator. The sim steps in on floor one (or 2 or whatever) and gets out on the designated floor pretty much instantly! It's wonderful! Oh, I have only tried the elevator in commercial building, but it is supposed to work in any building. Shaklin has nicely provided a basic (pictures only) tutorial on how to install it as well.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 6:36 AM
Thanx they look amazing
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moon_Ez
As requested I made a modern/industrial elevator set in stainless steel/glass.

1. The doors are recoulour of the Sliding Door.
-> Door 1, 2, 3 are made with stainless steel and glass in "the glass part", but without a door frame.
-> Door 4 are made with glass only in the glass part", but without a door frame.
-> Door 5 are made with steel only in "the glass part" and with a door frame. This also in stainless steel.
It also has a 2 button call panel for the elevator plased on the wood frame of the door.

Se pic for more detailes.

2. There are 3 steel floors. Se pic for more detailes.

3. 2 different walls. Both made only in stailness steel.
-> Wall option 1 - Stainless steel from floor to celing.
-> Wall option 2 - Stainless steel from floor to celing and an in elevator control panel. Buttons for 3 floors, opening and closing + an alarm button

I didnt make a wall paper with call buttons for the hall (outside the elevator) since they allready are on the door frame.

So. let me know what you think of them.

My Fake Elevator set 1 in Dark Teak can be found here

so what your saying is this elavator doesn't work?

Just an anachronism, move along now.
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 1:53 AM Last edited by Freddy_Evil : 5th Sep 2005 at 2:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by labine730
so what your saying is this elavator doesn't work?

If you want it to work, download Shaklin's Elevator Hack, mentioned above.

There is a tutorial in German here .

If you would like a version re-written in English, PM me and I'll send it to you.
Page 1 of 2