Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DEFAULT REPLACEMENTS for the easel paintings.

by saramkirk Posted 7th Aug 2005 at 11:56 PM - Updated 7th Aug 2005 at 11:59 PM by saramkirk

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 12:16 AM
thanks Sara! finally something new for the easel. i was getting tired of painting all these in triplicate. thanks for the variety. :D
#3 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 12:26 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 12:36 AM
Very nice, better then those other plain jane paintings.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 12:46 AM
Been meaning to work on this.. thanks for saving me the trouble They look great.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 12:56 AM
Ok, I've got a question. If you replace a painting in the game, and a sim paints it, and then you hang it on the wall, and then go replace that painting with something differant, does the one you already hung on the wall still stay the same as it was when you hung it on the wall?

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ahmird2
Ok, I've got a question. If you replace a painting in the game, and a sim paints it, and then you hang it on the wall, and then go replace that painting with something differant, does the one you already hung on the wall still stay the same as it was when you hung it on the wall?

Good question. I don't know.

When sims paint still life or portraits, the painting gets saved within the lot file. However, with default Maxis paintings I would suspect it would not do that, so, I think, the painting would get replaced.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 1:16 AM
I didn't understand one thing - if I download your pictures, do I have to use SimPE to put them in the game or do I just put them in my Downloads folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Milja
I didn't understand one thing - if I download your pictures, do I have to use SimPE to put them in the game or do I just put them in my Downloads folder?

If you want to use the paintings shown in my post, then all you do is put them in your Downloads folder.

If you want to create your own paintings, then you need SimPE.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 1:36 AM
This is awesome, thank you sara!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 1:46 AM Last edited by kittkatt : 29th Aug 2005 at 9:42 PM.
Are you a mind reader??? Because I didn't expect this to come up on a search WOW!!!! I'm doing this!

One question. Is there anyway at all that we could make our own paintings without replacing them like cloning? Or would the name be wrong? Because then we could have twice as many pictures even though some are crummy lol
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 1:56 AM
Thanks a lot.

I was searching, and searching, and searching again how to replace these pictures, and then, you appear.

I thing you'll be the hero of the day (perhaps of the week.) :thumb: :banana:
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 2:06 AM
ok whree do i find the painting that i what to changei got SimPE
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 2:16 AM Last edited by CountessCrazy : 22nd Oct 2005 at 4:08 AM.
I did it and it replaces all the pics with the new pic. I had one on the wall and one finished on the easel and one partly painted on the easel and they all changed

You just download that file she has and use it and it will replace the paintings in the game
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 2:26 AM
Thank you so much for this! Those in game paintings were starting to get at me :gonemad: lol

I will probably use a few of your designs, and make some of my own....time to experiment with the old Paint Shop Pro!

I love having something new to do for the game.

Once again thank you

www.derianhouse.co.uk This site is for Derian House Children's Hospice. They give top quality care 24 hours a day/365 days a year, to children who have terminal and life threatening/shortening conditions.
#16 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 2:36 AM
WOWY! I really like them! They're way better than those (like you said)horrible Maxis paintings! Except, don't you think that the first painting is a bit hard for first tryers? Anyhoo thanx again!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 2:46 AM
*tagging for future reference* Loverly. Much thanks.

And Trogdor smote the Kerrak and all was in burnination......
#18 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 2:56 AM
I love it! You're right! The normal Maxis paintings are horrible! I hate it when they always make those silly tulips, or the giraffes! Thanx!

~Usagi Tsukino~
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:06 AM
i'm confused about one thing, where do i find the file to open it in simPE? i've been playing with the buttons in SimPE for a while now and can't find the files. help please, and thank you
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:26 AM
Fantastic!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:36 AM
If you installed SimPE correctly (associate with the *.package file extension box checked) you would simply double click this file that IS this download and select texture image in the upper left hand box of SimPE - then in the upper right-hand box select one of the listings until, at the bottom of the SimPE interface, you see an image that looks like the one in the screenshot. Then you would right-click the image itself, select export, choose a format compatible with your paint program (*.bmp or *.jpg for windows paint). Leave SimPE open and go edit the image you just exported. When you're finished editing save it, close the paint program, go back to SimPE, right click the image again, choose import, select the file you just exported, click the update all sizes button (if available), click commit, ->file > save... you're done.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:46 AM
thank you i had played around and figured out how to do it a while ago, although it didn't work on a couple, i'm assuming i may have not hit commit. thank you for answering my post
Field Researcher
#23 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:56 AM
Thanks Sara! I just tried it and it works beautifully. Finally no more scary clowns!

"I feel better than a nice tub of good things"- Freakazoid!

Click here to play the most infectious online game ever. You'll never be the same. . . .
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 4:06 AM
Default skill level's
Does anyone know what skill level's go with which paintings? Use the old pic's as reference please? Like what skill level do you start painting mountains and rivers instead of cartoon cats?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 4:16 AM
Does anyone know why Daysies' post shows up instead of SaraMK's post with the download files until I hit "Show comments"?

Thanks so much for sharing this with us, SaraMK.
Page 1 of 3