Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

== Testers Wanted == Interaction Move In to all sim ages *NIGHTLIFE ONLY* (Update - 01/10/06)

by pinhead Posted 19th Sep 2005 at 2:06 AM - Updated 5th Mar 2006 at 11:56 PM by pinhead : adding 1st NL Patch compatibility.

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 2:14 AM Last edited by roddyaleixo : 19th Sep 2005 at 2:22 AM.
Pinhead!!! Hurray!!! Lol! Thanks a lot! You're a hero... the nofriends version is awsome!

Do you belive frogs can bite? If not, then you should, because they do! LOL!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 2:24 AM
Pinhead!!! Wheeee!!! It had to be you, my darling-dear!!!! Thank you sooooooo very much!!! **hugs Pinhead!!!**
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 10:18 AM
That's Excellent. Thank you Pinhead. This is one hack i'm waiting newer version for NL
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 9:34 PM
thanks
so i played last night with the hack and my game worked perfectly.
:wave: :nod:

give peace a chance
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 4:25 AM Last edited by Andiid : 20th Sep 2005 at 4:29 AM.
Default No Friends version
I want the no-friends version of this hack but I don't have any EP's. I didn't see the no-friends version where the original hack is posted. Will this hack work without NL?

Oh I guess it's just for nightlife. (duh) I hope you will update the original hack too. please oh please :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 6:31 AM
Hi andiid!

i'm working on it to bring the no-friends option to people that don't have nightlife!
don't worry!
I'm testing other stuffs and this is why it taking some time to release them.
maybe at the end of the week UNI and Original will have the no-friends option too.

thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 5:19 PM
Brilliant!

This is one of the very few hacks that I use in the game - but vital for my newly started orphan home (need to get rid of those Child Townies, and have the game generate new ones - don't like when grandma and grandchild had the same friends in school).

Thank you again!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 6:23 PM Last edited by Ancient Sim : 23rd Sep 2005 at 6:28 PM.
Oh, if ONLY I had known about this before NL wiped all the memories from the majority of my townies. I am so upset and angry about that, I almost feel like never playing the game again. It ruined several storylines I had building up and because the new version of SimPE deleted my back-ups, I can't replace the memories for the majority of them. With luck I may be able to find a few townies who haven't been wiped yet, so I can move them in and straight out again. Hopefully this will work as I think the resetting only happens the first time they are interacted with.

Just a couple of questions, does it apply to ALL townies (adults as well) and does it also apply to NPC's? They also suffer from amnesia and if they move-in to marry a playable Sim, they forget even meeting them!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 7:12 PM
Hi Ancient Sim!

Yes. The dialog open to NPCs and Townie adults. I enabled to every age to have more control about your game.
Anyway, my townies (all ages) have an amnesia (like you said) because the expansion (in this case nightlife) reset the memories of them. So, unfortunately, this mod will not make magic. lol
It only make the game doesn't remove the memories WHEN move in.
If you notice and lost some very old memories, this is why.
Theorist
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 7:57 PM
Pinhead, first let me say thank you very much for this! My game was feeling so naked without this mod! Just one quick question: are you also planning on updating the move-out teens mod or does it currently function properly?

Thank you again for your great work!
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 9:07 PM Last edited by pinhead : 23rd Sep 2005 at 9:25 PM.
Oh!!
i'm sorry! lol
I was forgetting the move out to teens.
already test it a new version to nightlife and working fine.

i will update it now.

EDITED:
move out to teens updated to nightlife:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=20309

thanks for remembering to me
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 9:59 PM
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working for me, I had no 'movein' options at all. It may be that something else is conflicting with it, but I don't know what as I haven't anything else similar.

I suppose there's no way you could make something that stops the memories resetting as a result of installing the expansion? I still have some townies & NPC's with their old memories, but they are dwindling fast. I tried adding a memory in SimPE in the hope that would stop the memories resetting, but it didn't work. Moving the townies in with Inge's Teleporter Bush Plus worked, they kept their memories, but as soon as I made them townies again and then made them selectable, they were reset. Maybe there is something that can be done using whatever Inge uses and combining it with what you use ... or something!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 10:54 PM Last edited by pinhead : 24th Sep 2005 at 2:55 AM.
The dialog option only shows to townies. If you propose to move in a sim that lives in other lot will not appear the dialog, since will not lose the memories.

anyway, i know just one of old hacks that is incompatible. The JM Pescado's experimental "no movein amnesia". Anyway, his mod is not to be used in nightlife because the structure and codes of the BHAV was changed in this EP.

I think you have some other hack that is conflicting with this one.
Try to use Maxis' Content Manager and look in your hacks if other one is using a BHAV Tree called

"Move In - Normal New" or "Social - Proposition - Move In TEST"

the first one that i changed to include the new dialog and the second make the interaction appear. maybe something is overwriting them.

But if you got the movein-nofriends version and the movein interaction isn't showing, could be that one sim have a not so good relationship. What i did was only make the interaction appear if the relationship is from 0/0 to 100/100 (only for nofriends version).

the normal version use a min score of 60 to sim that propose and 45 to the sim that will be proposed (is the default of the game).

EDITED:
I forgot about other thing, if only adults and elders have the pie menu to propose, other hack is using the global pie menu for sims and overwrite the changes that i made to enable for kids and teens.
Send a PM to me with a list of Nightlife hacks that you are using. I have to check it out to see if other hack is using this global pie menu.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 11:24 PM
Now the this move in Teen/Children mod is only for NPC's or can
it be used for normal game characters. I'm a bit confused.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 11:42 PM
Hi neeanu

It's functioning normally.
the only thing different is when moving townies or npcs to your lot, that will pop up the dialog.
you can move in all characters that can be proposed normally.
Can be used to townies, npcs workers and all families that lives in the neighborhood.
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 6:13 AM
This is awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:15 PM
Just one problem. I cant download this file it seems to be broken
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 12:54 AM
Sometimes, when you get this error when trying to download, just try again later.
I can get the file now.

The file is stored at this site, so if the link is broken, maybe is because admins are working with downloads. Try again later and all be fine.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 6:06 AM
Thanks, I will try it. I have a suggestion for you though. In future versions you may want to change the dialog to say "Would you like to blank out the memories of this townie?" The reason I suggest this is because I know that the other people who play the game in my household will be confused by what this one means. I understand the importance of the technicality of this dialog to modders but you could just explain it in an accompanying readme file and therefore have the actual -in game- experiance of this mod be more understandable to, say, a six year old.
Also, is this compatible with TwoJeff's "amnesiafix.package" ? (Which, by the way, is also not compatible with JM Pescado's No Townie/NPC Move-In Amnesia)

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 9:03 AM Last edited by pinhead : 28th Sep 2005 at 9:10 AM.
Hi ahmird2!
thanks for your suggestion. I was thinking about what to write in the dialog and sorry about that. If you have SimPE, you can change it to the language that you play.
When opening the package, go to text lists and look for "Dialog prim string set" (Instance 0x0000012D)
select the language that you play the game in drop down box and change the 3 last lines (0x35 , 0x36 and 0x37) to whatever you like. after changed them, hit commit and go to File/Save.
If you have problems, send a PM to me. I will be glad to help.

About the compatibility, i really don't know all the mods out there that can be incompatible. Are so many, and particularly, i don't use too much hacks.
I don't know about the Twojeffs amnesia fix hack. I was unable to find it right now.
But the JM Pescado's amnesiafix (to greek houses) is compatible. Could you please send the link to TwoJeffs amnesia fix?
Anyway, the Pescado's amnesia fix isn't compatible with NL and i heard that Maxis will fix in the next patch.

thanks!
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 6:55 PM
I have the InSIMenator, Not the In Teenimator and it don't work for me???
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 7:11 PM Last edited by pinhead : 1st Oct 2005 at 7:17 PM.
Hi mike!

I have pretty sure that moveinall is compatible with Insimenator.
Maybe you have other mod conflicting and you don't know about it.
Like i said before, i don't know all the mods out there that can be incompatible, but is good to know what mods you have already installed, so i can look through and make sure if is compatible or not.

I really sorry, but for this mod to work i need to change the main sim interaction pie menu or you will never get the option to move in with children or teens. Only changing
the code to enable isn't enough.

so, i think that some other hack is using the same pie menu and that hack isn't enable to move in teens and kids.

other observation is that with nightlife you have to enable custom contents or the hacks will not work in the game.
bairy made a thread in nightlife section of this site to explain how to enable/disable the hacks:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92474
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 5:35 PM
Hi, Well I have the ME_Mind Control mirror,ME_ Multi Painting, no-jealousy-at-All-2 MemoryBottle,Teen Woohoo_6aEP,InSIMenator(UV)v2.1DEST, nudist1 pack,And I have custom Content Enabled for Night Life! Thats about all I can think of right now!! Hope that helps ya!! Keep up the GOOD Work!!!
Systemic Anomaly
#25 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 6:42 PM
Your problem is Teen Woohoo_6aEP. It overrides the sim interaction pie menus and will conflict with this mod.
Page 1 of 3